When it comes to donors, we know you can never say “thank you” enough. Turns out you can never show enough #DonorLove either!
This Valentine’s Day, skip the roses and chocolates. Tell your donors you love them with an earnest love note (or even better, a video) that comes straight from the heart.
How do you love thy donor? Take a cue from Elizabeth Browning and count the ways…and then tell them via email, social media and/or even a quick phone call.
In the sample love letter below for a made-up animal shelter, we’ve listed 5 reasons we love our “donors.” Cut and paste these into your own #DonorLove letter…or better yet, do some quick soul searching and write a few of your own heartfelt reasons.
Dear /Donor Name/,
We see you, and we think you’re pretty special. Here’s why:
- You believe in the underdogs!
- Your life reflects your values!
- You’re dedicated to making the world a better place.
- You make personal sacrifices so our four-legged friends can feel safe and loved.
- You dream big and love even bigger!
Oh, and the animals you help happen to think you’re pretty special too!
We just wanted to send a little love your way this Valentine’s Day.
From all of us, thank you for your continued love and support,
- Your donors are constantly being asked for money. This is not the time to ask for another donation! Give your donors a break by showing them some real love without a call-to-action!
- If possible, let your client’s do the talking through photos or videos. It doesn’t have to be fancy.
3. Take advantage of the day to show your volunteers a little love too!
How are you showing #DonorLove this Valentine’s Day? We’d love to hear your ideas. Please share in the comments below.